Encore Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Encore Studios Forums.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
3D Daddy
Chris

Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  Empty
PostSubject: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 pm

What on earth did I read just now.
A new tomb raider game is going to be released in a bout a year.
ok so maybe nothing new, but i'm afraid this Crystal Dynamics new game will kill the tomb raider as we know it, and that it will never be the same.
Perhaps this will be the last one, because nobody will ever buy it.

Why ?

The word got arround , that it will be more and arcade game than a adventure game like we know it. It seems that lara as to escape from monsters on a chinese Island.
THEY SAY : " The keyword here is action, action and more action", "she got more drastic wapens like long distance guns and Melee weapons / attacks

What are they trying to do ? Are they gonna turn tomb raider in some kind Doom only in 3th person.

The only plus on this ( weird ) matter is that they are going to use an open air field which the player can explore completly without almost no limitations.

However, I think it will destroy the entire Ancient / Adventure game play type.

No other words to say then : " we have to wait and see what Crystal is giving us to play with "
And ............ who can play it, because they are not releasing the information on which platforms the game will be running..

Yet another weird thing
I wonder if there is some one arround how knows more information ...

but i can tell you this : if it is going to look like

" tomb raider LARA CROFT A.T.G.O.L

( Which acts more like a RPG game rather than movie kind of type game )

then we are doomed!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dee-3.com/gamedesign/index.html
Wlado
Hypnotist Of The Year
Wlado

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:26 pm

It's sad to see that Tomb Raider is changing so much. Sad I'm not really a fan of TR any more, as I used to be, but I enjoyed Core's Tomb Raiders, and I even enjoyed CD's Tomb Raiders even tho they, except for the graphics, are not nearly as good as Core's Tomb Raiders. AoD was an outstanding achievement in graphics, music, and of course story. The controls sucked and that's what caused the hate among fans/critics. If they gave Core one more chance I think they would have perfected the controls and kept the original Tomb Raider storyline and feel. Like this.... Hmmmm, if I even make myself to get the game, it will be a pirated torrent download. I'm not giving a penny to company that destroyed my favorite game franchise. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zebra
Living Writer's Block
Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 am

Chris, could you please tell us where you read that "action, action, action" part? Because I haven't heard of that at all. I really like the concept of the Japanese island. I mean, just because there are monsters and it's a bit spooky doesn't mean it will be like Resident Evil. TR has always had a bit of spookiness. That's part of the TR atmosphere. So, yeah, I like the idea but Crystal have disappointed me so many times that I'm not gonna get my hopes up. The game could still turn out to be crap. Let's wait for the GameInformer cover reveal on Monday.
Back to top Go down
https://encorestudios.forumotion.com
Chris
3D Daddy
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:46 am

well that ppart cam from a dutch game site, but i found something simular

[qoute="From website"]
Rather than Lara being led into a series of linear levels again, earlier indications that Tomb Raider 9 would incorporate a sandbox/open world feel could be true after all. The Spy writes that the game will be set on a Japanese island; its only level. However, it'll be large enough so that Lara can make her own way around its puzzles and take multiple paths. It sounds similar to games like Deus Ex that allow you to either pick a door's lock, or kill an enemy and steal the key.

[/quote]

The fact that it sounds like "DEUS EX" says enough for me ( i also don't like that game )
And if the moves and camera actions are the same, we will neer be able to look to her butt again

If it is going to look like this, I'll sreammmmmmmmm Censored

Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  Prrrr_10
Back to top Go down
Zebra
Living Writer's Block
Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Haha. Calm down. Guardian Of Light was just a fun downloadable game. It doesn't have anything to do with the next TR. I'm sure you'll be able to stare at Lara's behind as much as you want Razz. And I don't think an open-world TR is bad at all. I'm sure there'll be lots of tombs/temples on this island (which are obviously going to have a more linear layout) and the island itself can be explored without limits (which is what TR should be about). I'm more worried about the atmosphere and gameplay because that's what Crystal Dynamics haven't been able to get right so far.
Back to top Go down
Wlado
Hypnotist Of The Year
Wlado

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Zebra wrote:
Haha. Calm down. Guardian Of Light was just a fun downloadable game. It doesn't have anything to do with the next TR. I'm sure you'll be able to stare at Lara's behind as much as you want Razz. And I don't think an open-world TR is bad at all. I'm sure there'll be lots of tombs/temples on this island (which are obviously going to have a more linear layout) and the island itself can be explored without limits (which is what TR should be about). I'm more worried about the atmosphere and gameplay because that's what Crystal Dynamics haven't been able to get right so far.
ditto Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abraham
Animator/Founder

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:56 pm

LOL chis your funny:)
Back to top Go down
Chris
3D Daddy
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:10 am

no no i'm not funny.......

I have seen it happen before Sad , they test some new features in some kind of (sub)game.
If they turn out ok for them, they will not take a step back

If you talk about the BUTT part, then yeaaaaaaaah " I'm funny "

I just can't stand it, that i can't get info , who it is going to look like.
Back to top Go down
Zebra
Living Writer's Block
Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 am

If anything from GoL is going to make it to the main game, it'll probably be the spear-throwing mechanics (remember those leaked concepts in which Lara had a bow and arrow?) and maybe the co-op mode. I doubt they'll have co-op (or multiplayer) in the story mode, though. Probably just in a seperate mode (like in most action-adventure games with multiplayer mode).
Back to top Go down
NightWish
Admin
NightWish

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:01 pm

I agree Chris - me likes not
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightwish666.deviantart.com
Zebra
Living Writer's Block
Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Do you mean you don't like GoL or do you mean you don't like TR9?
Back to top Go down
abraham
Animator/Founder

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Gol isn even part of TR...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????    Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb raider 9 , IIIEEEEWWWW ????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Encore Studios :: Public Area :: General Chat-
Jump to: